Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's in a name...

Why Rainbow Connection? When I think of a spectrum, I generally think of rainbows and the spectrum of colors that appear like magic in the sky when water and light reflect. The colors often range, sometimes from red to purple, and at times with less or seemingly more colors. I have also noticed Rainbows come in all shapes and sizes. While I know a rainbow is an arc in shape, sometimes one can look like a line of colors (when you only see half of the arc); the arc can be a large arc taking up the sky; or smaller, perfectly shaped and easy to see. Just like the ranges in variations that exist for rainbows so exists the variations of functioning, progress, and treatment in and for Autism Spectrum Disorders.

Now to be honest, I think the name also was influenced by the Muppets. The Muppet movie had just come out when I first started thinking about starting a blog. And like many people one of my favorite songs from the Muppets when I was growing up was and still is "Rainbow Connection." I love the meaning in the song and how it inspires hope and belief in the possible.

As a side note... our street name also happens to be Rainbow. Just one more reason it seems fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment