Friday, November 9, 2012

Trick-or-Treat

I feel like it has been forever since I last updated this blog. We have had a bunch of ups and downs since getting the results of the short EEG and MRI.  But I figured I would start with an up.  David was finally starting to feel better.  He was asking about when he would get to go back to school and looking forward to Halloween.  And while he was still having issues with shaking, twitching, some vacant moments, and a joyous 36 hours of not sleeping coupled with increased irritability and agitation, anger and aggressive behavior; we finally felt like we were heading in the right direction.  David was very disappointed that he was unable to go to school and attend his school Halloween party, but he was happy to be able to go trick-or-treating.  After a great deal of back and forth the boys hashed out who was going to be who and we were ready to go.  Every year we try to pick a family theme, so that we can all take part in the fun. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and sadly my husband has to pay the consequence of that.  Luckily, he usually plays along, although some years are harder than others.

This year however was easy.  We decided to go as the Justice League.  I have always loved Wonder Woman so I knew right away who I was going as. Both of the boys love batman, so the battle to be Batman was on. After a bunch of going back and forth Joaquin ended up winning out and go to be Batman. David then struggled between being Green Lantern and Robin, and ultimately decided to go with Robin. And then there was Daddy, what would we have him be?  Well lucky for Daddy he has a Superman shirt so he got to wear it with a cape and some jeans.  Despite freezing temperatures the boys had a great time and hauled in the candy!
Me and My Super Boys


Daddy and His Super Boys

Super Parents
Wonder Woman and Superman

Justice League Diaz-Dixon Style
Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman, and Robin!



No comments:

Post a Comment